Have you ever come home from work and seen dishes piled up, laundry on the floor, and the living room a mess? Sure. We all have, but what are you going to do about it? Previously I would have said I’ll do it after dinner, which turns into after this show and then gets pushed till the next day. The holidays are upon us and this means guests, messes, and headaches. These cleaning tips will help keep your home neat and tidy anytime of the year. I’ve had the privilege to work for a property management service and have learned tips and trick so making it easier to keep and maintain a clean home.
Tips and Tricks of the Trade
- Start from the top and work your way down; dusting to vacuuming
- Do little bits every day so it doesn’t pile up
- Vinegar gets the mildew and dingy smell out of towels
- Dryer sheets pick up dust from base boards and shelves
- Empty the dishwasher and dryer as soon as they are done
- Do bedding first so the bed can be re-made prior to dusting
- Gel gloss helps keep sinks clean longer
- Purge magazines monthly
- Do not be a hoarder! Get rid of unnecessary items. Donate them.
- Reuse items such as my candle jars refashions
- Do not let food pile up in the fridge so it spoils
I made myself a weekly routine to follow. Its posted on my fridge so that I can’t get lazy with it because its right there staring me in the face. I know what needs to be done in each room so I have not broke it down into detail, but I hope it helps you! Take it and use it for yourself. Just remember, give credit when credit is due if you re-post it.
Thanks for stopping by Y’all! We have Christmas cards and my Top 5 Homemade Christmas gifts coming up!